Business Development Consultant
Salary range: £28,000-£35,000pa (plus commission)
Location: UK-based, work from home (ESM Inbound is a fully-remote agency and was before the coronavirus pandemic)
Note to recruiters
ESM Inbound has an exclusive arrangement with a single recruitment agency. We're very happy with this.
As a result, we won't be considering any applications from recruitment consultants or agencies.
- Find and win new business for ESM Inbound using an inbound sales process
- Write proposals that outline how ESM Inbound can help prospects to meet their goals
- Record videos for prospects that illustrate key points in your proposals and add value for the prospect during the sales process
- Work with the Director of Marketing to inform decision-making around our external messaging
- Work with the Chief Executive to bring in our largest deals
This role is successful when: you are repeatedly and reliably winning good-fit, new business for ESM Inbound at a level equal to or in excess of your quota. When clients report that the services provided by ESM Inbound are a match for what they were expecting based on the sales experience.
Experience and characteristics
The following experience and characteristics are essential:
- At least three years experience in a sales role
- A proven track record of meeting or exceeding your quota
- A proven track record of having meaningful and effective conversations with senior decision makers
- Dedication to a win-win sales model where sales activities actively helps the prospect
- No fear of picking up the phone (whether or not you’ve spoken to the person before)
- No fear of getting on a Zoom call with your camera on
- Excellent written communication skills
- Experience selling one or more of the following:
- Marketing services
- CRM implementation services
- Website design & development services
- Sales enablement services
- API development and/or software development services
- A strong understanding of one or more of the following:
- Digital and/or inbound marketing
- CRM implementation
- Website design and development
- API development
- Commitment to ESM Inbound’s Everybody Smile More mission
- Commitment to ESM Inbound’s core values of:
The following experience and characteristics will advantage your application:
- Experience of working at a HubSpot Solution Partner agency
- Experience of using HubSpot as a CRM
- A proven track record of building your own sales team
What do our employees say about working at ESM Inbound?
We run a regular survey to check how our team members feel about working at ESM Inbound. The survey is completely anonymous so that people can feel free to let us know exactly how they're feeling.
Here's a selection of some recent responses:
The work is fun, engaging and I'm given independence but also the support I need.
Great people, supportive management, ample opportunity.
Grateful to have a job where the boss really cares.
We have got a fantastic team full of fun, talented people.
I love the team's can do attitude.
Glad to work with a great team.
This is the best agency that I have ever worked for.
Everybody smiles more!
Amazing team, amazing boss.
I get to work on a variety of projects.
Working with wonderful, supportive people that create such a happy environment to work in.
It’s great to see so many happy customers thanks to our talented team.
I love what I do and I love the people I work with.
I love working at ESM Inbound. The team is top notch and it's great to work with such a talented group of professionals.