How to create a UTM tracking code for HubSpot Landing Pages to be used in paid media campaigns
This knowledge base article will show you how to create a unique tracking link for your HubSpot pages that you can use when creating a paid media campaign so that you can effectively monitor and track the success of your campaign.
Create a new tracking code:
- Go to “Reports” and then “Analytics Tools”
- Click on “Tracking URL Builder” at the bottom right of the page
- Click “Create Tracking URL” at the top right
- Copy and paste your published HubSpot landing page URL into “URL”
- Select your campaign under “UTM Campaign”
- Under “Source” select the type of media you are using. If you are using paid social then underneath “Source”, “UTM Source will give you the various social media platforms to choose from. If you are using Google Search, then select Paid Search under “Source” and filling out “UTM Source” won’t be necessary.
- Fill in UTM Medium, Term, & Content
Used to specify a social post, email, banner ad, or more. This field is shown when you drill down into a specific campaign in the sources report under other sources.
Use in systems like AdWords and Google Analytics to track the keywords in a pay-per-click (PPC) ad.
Enter a name for an ad if you have multiple on your page and want to differentiate between them.
When you are done click “Create”.
You can now copy the short URL of your new tracking link and use that as the link in your paid media campaign to send users to.
If you are looking for more information on UTM tracking links and some examples, click here: