How to create dependencies between deal stages in your sales pipeline
The following knowledge base article will teach you how to create dependencies that are required to be completed before a deal can move from one stage to another in your sales pipeline.
Create deal stage dependencies:
- On the top right menu bar click the cog and go to “Settings”.
- On the bottom left side panel click “Sales”, “Deals”.
- Click on the sales pipeline that you want to create deal stage dependencies for
- Hover over the deal stage you want dependencies and click “Edit properties” on the right side.
- Select the deal properties that you would like displayed once a deal is moved into that stage and select “Required” so that these properties have to be filled in in order for the deal to move to that particular stage.
- Click “Save”.
Your dependencies are now set up in the form of a popup window that will display once a deal has been moved into that respective deal stage. If you have made the properties required, the deal moving to that stage becomes dependent on the deal properties you have chosen to be filled out.
If you’re interested in learning more about setting properties for moving between deal stages, click here: https://www.hubspot.com/product-updates/set-properties-for-moving-between-deal-stages